Daughter, Move Back

 There was no fanfare. No Angel Wings. No flowing robes or crown of stars. There were no trumpet sounds or epic light displays.

But the feel about Her was a Deep Blue Sea, a Star Kissed Sky and the Vast Expanse of Mystery, wrapped both in Presence and Eternity. She looked like one of us. Just like the girl next door or your own best friend or the oldest, most familiar Sacred Space you’ve ever known. 

She spoke to me through impressions that I understood instinctively. She was a force to be reckoned with and held a deep command. Though not aggressively or oppressively, but as one in tune with Truth and utter Certainty.

She told me to move back.

And so, with Awe, I released the dying body of my mother. I released her labored breath, her twisted hands, her racing heart. I moved my chair back to the end of the bed and turned it around to face Her as She drew closer to us both.

My mother’s face was turned in the direction of the window. 

Our Lady swept Her hand in Graceful, slow motion intention across the circumference of what appeared outside the window.

The Deep Blue Gray was intertwined on the Horizon. There was no beginning or end to where water became sky, to where gulls flew by, to where God’s Heaven was not present to the open, grateful eye.

As She swayed Her Grace filled hands across the window, She asked that I allow my mother to now truly Behold The Kingdom. She asked me to allow Her to step in, and carry my mother the rest of the Way Home.

She approached the bedside tenderly. And like A Mother scoops up a child who’s been lost in a fevered dream, She held my own mother in her arms of infinite compassion,  like Her very own Beloved Child of God.

And with that, She turned back towards the lake with my mother in Her arms.

I sat in the tranquil blue sea of pure silence. I sat only gazing out the window at the Kingdom before me. I barely dared to move, not wanting to leave the space of Her embrace of us both.

The day was done. The Love carried on. The Kingdom, as always before and seldom noticed, had come.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Realm of Shadow and Light

What the Wind Said