Hollowed Be Thy Name

 My favorite altars, sanctuaries and tabernacles on the landscapes of this Earth, are the Hollows of trees.

I study them closely and marvel at their Grace. They are simultaneously surrenders and offerings. Grounded in presence. Firm in their knowing of the firmament of the Divine. Arms uplifted, they welcome and allow all winds of change.

Their Hollows are scooped up. Emptied out. Laid bare. Open from within. Their sacrifice of what once was becomes what is. Shelter and protection for the children of Earth. A nesting space. A resting place. For weary travelers and pilgrims on the journey through time. The Hollow offers the infinite whisper of Spirit, echoing tenderly through the branches above:

"All is Well. You are safe here. You are loved and cherished and protected from all storms. You are held in a Love that has no end."

I want to be hollowed out. Released from all that blocks my ability to offer sanctuary to those who pass my way. In my thoughts. In my words. In my deeds. In all I do may I be emptied out, opened up and steadfast in trusting  the firmament of my own true heart. And yours.

Our Gracious Mother, Terra Firma, Hollowed be Thy name.

May we become the holy places where your children ease their pain, until no more remains.

Comments

  1. I look at hollow of a tree with different appreciation of the wonderfulness of God's grace and peace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Realm of Shadow and Light

What the Wind Said

Daughter, Move Back