It Looks like Rain Today

 For My Mother


The changes came on quickly.

Then moved slow.

Like entering a shaken, swirling, spinning, snowing Globe.

The misty fog moved in.

Transforming Everything.

Changing the View.

I wonder what she sees 

And what looks back at her

Outside the Window.

Her look remains the same.

Etched in and picture framed.

Her daily deep refrain

Now endless and unchanged

At every Window Pane.

" Oh,Honey, quick. Come see. It looks like rain to me. It looks like rain today."

I've learned that rain 

Is deep and wet

And nourishing.

She's learned that rain is looming threat

Of trouble's deep uncertainty.

"Oh, Honey, look. Come see. It looks like rain to me. Please travel carefully."

I've said those words before.

To children traveling forth.

When I thought storms came from some distant shore

Outside of me.

But Nature's storms are Merciful.

They take away 

The deep control

I do not have

And, so - Let go.

Thank God those storms move in

To set me Free.

"Oh, Honey, quick. Come see. It looks like rain to me. Oh, can't you see."

I cannot go with her 

Into the mist that holds her.

I cannot soften her relationship

With Rain.

But I can Pray for Peace to swell from deep within me.

And share it with her at the Window Pane.

And. Yes. My Love.

I feel the weather changing.

I feel there may be storm clouds on the way.

But I'll be here beside you

At the Window.

And I think there just might be

Some rain today.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Realm of Shadow and Light

Daughter, Move Back

What the Wind Said