Breathing Lessons

The Nations of this world have lost their hearts. Political leaders have tried CPR, though only so far as to aid their false claims to false power. The Earth is a wildfire. The chaos a bonfire. Whole species of what used to be have all fled from the scene.  There’s no space in between. To redeem what the willingly blind failed to be, failed to see.

My childhood sweetheart, a love of my life and kin to my Soul, is slowly dying. He is changing his address and shifting locations from this Room to that Room. We will meet at the Window and Wave at each other. In spite of the pain. On this side of the Plane.

My feline familiar, the cat in my lap, who has guarded my household and sat with me late in the darkness of night will soon vanish from sight. The steel needle I’ll beg of the Vet will unravel the silvery threads of this Earth where we’ve met and kept watch.

My own Mother and Seat of my Birth slowly teeters on edges of ledges of Heaven and Earth far between all these Realms.

No one’s there at the helm. I’ve retreated below to take refuge in breathing and not to appear overwhelmed.

As I breathe in and out, out and in, all my lessons begin. 

There is no time but this time to practice the practice of breathing and breathing and breathing again.

As I inhale I fade from the room. As I exhale the room has a View. In between all my striving I find I’m arriving in landscapes enduring and true.

And with each gentle breath I release all the rest and I rest in the Room with a View.

There will always be holes in the road. And goodbye’s in the story’s foretold. Yet the traveler must lean on the Grace, that we are but mere travelers while here in this place. As we journey towards home to renew. And we find ourselves step in to View all the landscapes enduring and true. Breathing in the brief moments of me and of you. Merging into the Oneness that every encounter on Earth gleams in sparkles and hues Every offering is kindling  to God’s understanding of what incarnation can do. Every sigh and deep throated goodbye. Every triumph of love that transcends. Every bittersweet ending that leads to the journey beginning again. Every love without end. 

It’s enough to compel the Creator, to see through the room with the View. By beholding blue skies and the breathless goodbyes that appear from the witness of life through our eyes. By retreating to landscapes and Realms, that leave us in charge at the helm and breathe with us ever so gently, so we do not feel overwhelmed.

As I inhale I fade from the room. As I exhale the room has a View. In between all my striving I find I’m arriving in landscapes enduring and true.

And with each gentle breath I release all the rest and I rest in the room with a View.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Realm of Shadow and Light

Daughter, Move Back

What the Wind Said